Feature Request – forms readonly Option

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Request – forms readonly Option

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

wondererhorng
    Participant

Hi,

There are some forms are only for reference not for record.

This kind of forms should be locked without any changed.

It would be great to have read_only forms option.

Thanks for your good app.

December 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM #5007

lgol27
    Participant

It is a wonderful idea. I do most of my data entry on my iPad then I backup the database to Dropbox. Next I restore it on my iPhone . So I can use the data while on the go. But I am always afraid I would change something accidentally on the iPhone. By marking the forms as read only would solce it.

January 24, 2012 at 5:00 AM #5039

DougEpud
    Participant

A related feature that would be useful would be to have the ability to lock a form so that the end user would need a password to modify the form. This would avoid inadvertent modifications by folks in the field that may not be terribly technically adept.

January 24, 2012 at 5:11 AM #5040

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

I’ve added a new feature that is the start of this functionality. It will allow you to toggle record editing on and off. It’s currently a global setting accessible from any record detail view. So if you were to tap on the pencil icon, a slash would appear through it indicating that you can’t edit the record. Tapping on it again will allow you to edit the record. This will eventually be enhanced to store the editing lock setting on the Form itself, possibly with a password lock.

This will be in the version 2.1.12 update.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 16, 2014 at 6:41 PM #8769

Jack Herlocker
    Participant

Is it possible to make a database readonly? Or more importantly, if a database is already readonly (through a process somewhat mysterious, but probably something I did when I was playing with Tap Forms after I installed it on my iPhone5), how do I unlock it? The synch works fine, so changes on the Mac and iPad come through fine, but attempting to change any field in any form on the iPhone yields no result (not even edits that do not get saved — just no attempt to make any edit at all).

Or is this an “uninstall and reinstall and synch” thing?

BTW, other than a couple quirks (this one, and a synch problem that turned out to be something I did, and was fixed thanks to a tip on found on this website) I have been very successful in transferring my Bento data to Tap Forms. Great UI, and I can now synch three iDevices!

January 17, 2014 at 3:22 AM #8772

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

There’s a button you can toggle which will turn edit mode on or off. You can access it in the iPhone version by tapping on any record, then tapping on the action menu button at the top-right of the view. Then tap on the pencil button. That will toggle editing mode on or off.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM #8799

Jack Herlocker
    Participant

Brendan-

Ah! Totally obvious — once you know it’s there! :-) I’ll remember it from now on.

Great product btw! Appreciate having something to turn to after being abandoned with Bento, and *really* appreciate your migration tips.

-Jack

June 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM #10438

1Levite
    Participant

iOS 7.1.1, TF Version 3.8.3 (46)

An observation regarding EDIT OFF. Here’s the setup:
    FORM1 has a one-to-many link-to-form field connected to child FORM2, inverse relationship.

When EDIT OFF is activated on FORM2, I’m unable to view FORM1 linked record information using the “information” circle. However, I am able to select a different FORM1 record as the link-from value even though FORM2 has EDIT OFF. This is independent of EDIT-ON/OFF setting of FORM1

If FORM1 has EDIT OFF, I can view the linked FORM2 information.

June 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM #10442

Brendan
    Keymaster

The edit on/off function is a global setting. It’s not on a per form basis actually.

I did enable viewing of linked records though even when you’re in Edit Off mode. I may have missed disabling that button though for deleting the linked record.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.