Feature Request for an increment/decrement option in data entry fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Request for an increment/decrement option in data entry fields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ronlangara
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I would like to request that you consider adding the option in the data entry/update fields to have an option of incrementing or decrementing the current value by some predetermined value. In my case I would like it to be 1, but I can imagine that making it a variable would suit more users.

The current approach is that I must backspace over the current value and type in the new value. That is slow and potentially error prone when I almost always simply want to record that I removed one of that item.

A second improvement on the iPhone version would be to do away with the “Save” option being necessary after I have changed a value. It isn’t there on the iPad and I greatly prefer that approach.

Thanks for considering these requests. We use your products every day! They are great.
    Ron

September 23, 2017 at 12:36 AM #24778

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

There is an auto-increment feature for the Number field. You can enable that and set the increment amount. But it functions when you add a new record, not for editing an existing record.

I’m glad that you are finding Tap Forms useful!

Thanks,

Brendan

September 25, 2017 at 2:41 PM #24860

Ronlangara
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to add it to the data entry popups for IOS 11? That is where it would be most useful to me.

September 25, 2017 at 2:54 PM #24863

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Anything is possible, but I make no guarantees of what I can add to Tap Forms or what timeframes I may have for new features.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.