Feature request? Email name.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I know everything is difficult in coding something, but what I love to be able to do is this:

Within a record, click on email address, and bring up a new email window in Mail. I know that this already works, but would it be possible to have a person’s full name followed by their email address as opposed to just their email address? See attached:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 10, 2017 at 1:52 PM #25851

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s normally provided by the Contacts database without Tap Forms having to provide that information to the Mail compose window. So when Tap Forms passes in just the email address, the name is pulled in from your Contacts database and displayed there.

November 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM #25852

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

I see what you are saying, but I am trying to completely get away from Apple’s Contacts since using TapForms. In fact, I was going to delete my entire Apple Contacts at some point in time so I don’t have two different DB on anyone of my systems. I can’t remember if I asked if there was a way to have the TF DB be read into the Contacts?

Thanks.

November 10, 2017 at 2:36 PM #25853

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, but you can go the other way around in Tap Forms 5.2. You can use the Import Contacts function in Tap Forms to import all your contacts into Tap Forms.

You can import into Contacts with these instructions from Apple’s support site:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/contacts/import-contacts-adrbk1457

November 12, 2017 at 3:01 PM #25868

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. Exporting csv from TF into Contacts works for the most part. Thanks.

JL

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.