Feature request: Barcode reader; GPS-data ->adress search; predetermined filters

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature request: Barcode reader; GPS-data ->adress search; predetermined filters

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

cscarn
    Participant

Hi,

TapForms is the best database i have seen for the iPhone, because i sampled them all. Congratulations! Only three things i wish for my full happyness ;-)

1. A Bacode reader record. That would very helpfull for capturing all kinds of barcodes!

2. A function who search in the iPhone adressbook for an existing gps-data and compare them with the actual gps-position and give a recommendation to autocomplete the record. This would be very helpfull for any kind of timetracking.

3. Individual predetermined filters as dropdownmenu. For example i want to select all entrys with a special value. The requirements for the filtervalues are often the same.

Thanx!

January 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM #3915

cscarn
    Participant
    June 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM #4644

lgol27
    Participant

The last request is interesting. I would transform it into a list of saved searches. Each entry has a name and a string to search for. And maybe a filter to limit it to specific forms.

June 26, 2011 at 8:40 PM #4645

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve integrated the Zbar barcode SDK into another project that I worked on ( http://www.shoptoit.ca/iphone ) and it worked well. So if I were to add barcode support, it would probably be with that kit since it’s open source.

Thanks for the links.

Brendan

June 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM #4651

lgol27
    Participant

How about saved searches?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.