feature request – hide saved searches

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Andreas .
    Participant

Hi,

would it be possible to have an option to hide a saved search folder?!
    Background: I created a mileage tracker that lookup some previous values of the specified vehicle as a calculation. Therefore it’s essential to have a fixed order by date that I implemented with a dedicated empty saved search.
    These kind of technical relevant search settings should be hidden to prevent its being used and modified by mistake.

btw: Am I the only one that 90% of the time is not able to log into this forum due to „reCaptcha v3 test failure“ ?

best
    andreas

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Andreas ..
    December 18, 2021 at 2:05 PM #46087

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the feature request. So you want to hide a search folder and not a Saved Search itself?

Are you using the Saved Search in a script? So you still need the search to be accessible by the Script but not selectable?

FYI, Saved Search results list doesn’t get updated until the moment you actually click on them to view the results.

December 19, 2021 at 6:48 AM #46092

Andreas .
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

that’s right – I address the saved search from a script and it needs to be internal accessible. I just want to hide it as it is not meant for be for users use.
    Whether it would make more sense to have the feature at a searved search itself of at the level of a folder would have to be thought over again in detail.
    A folder solution would of course give more structure at the same time.

best
    Andreas

December 20, 2021 at 3:55 PM #46124

Brendan
    Keymaster

One option would be to hide the form as well and that would hide all the searches under it.

December 21, 2021 at 2:51 AM #46135

Andreas .
    Participant

Indeed this would be a way to go but this would hide the form I need to work on.
    So I would have to separate everything but I don’t like to scatter related datasets for organizational reasons.
    It is not that important that I would take the effort for major changes that itself would come along with other drawbacks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.