Feature Questions For TapForms Version 5.1.4

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Questions For TapForms Version 5.1.4

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

TeamSDA
    Participant

Hello Again Brendan… Since my last thread regarding Features that I am in need of and TapForms Version 5, I have made the decision to move from TapForms Version 3 and purchase the new TapForms Version 5.1.4 (Build 861) through the Apple Store at full price not the upgrade. I hope this small gesture gives you a little boost as I truly appreciate all the effort that goes into making a fine piece of software like TapForms.

Below I have reposted my questions from my previous thread as it looks like some of my needs may have been addressed in the latest release but want to confirm. Also I have a few additional questions and may have spotted a bug.

IS THIS NOW ACCOMPLISHED VIA THE CALCULATION FIELD

• Is it now possible to have a field on one form that is related to a field on another form.
    • Is it now possible to use a calculation field on the second form so I can do calculations with the relational data?
    • Thirdly is it now possible to pull the totals from tables into a another field, either on the current form or another form?

DOES NOT APPEAR THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN ADDRESSED IN THE LATEST VERSION

• In a past forum post you had mentioned an idea for creating dynamic Link to Forms based on properties from the parent and the child. Kind of like being able to attach a Saved Search to a Link to Form. So rather than having to manually select records to link to a parent form, the dynamic link type would do it for you based on some value that’s common between the parent record and the child records. is this now available?
    • Does table styling now include header label text, totals text as well as the ability to style the tables outer border?

NEW QUESTION AFTER PLAYING WITH NEW VERSION

• Is it possible to pull data from other TapForms database documents? I would like to be able to create a separate document for Tasks thus creating a healthy separation between sensitive management level info and that of more general task level info that is open to each team member.

POSSIBLE BUG SPOTED

• I may have bumped into a bug where the “Select existing linked records” option under the table is made available with the Link to Form, One to Many field type.

Kind Regards,
    Dave

August 18, 2017 at 1:32 PM #24055

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Thanks for upgrading to Tap Forms 5! And thanks for paying the full retail amount! That wasn’t necessary, but definitely appreciated. Thanks!

IS THIS NOW ACCOMPLISHED VIA THE CALCULATION FIELD

Is it now possible to have a field on one form that is related to a field on another form.
    Is it now possible to use a calculation field on the second form so I can do calculations with the relational data?
    Thirdly is it now possible to pull the totals from tables into a another field, either on the current form or another form?

1. There’s no direct relationship from one field to another. It’s a relationship between a field and a form from another table.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes, but not for the current form. Only for related forms. That is, the parent can have a formula that references the aggregate calculations from the records in a child form.

DOES NOT APPEAR THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN ADDRESSED IN THE LATEST VERSION

In a past forum post you had mentioned an idea for creating dynamic Link to Forms based on properties from the parent and the child. Kind of like being able to attach a Saved Search to a Link to Form. So rather than having to manually select records to link to a parent form, the dynamic link type would do it for you based on some value that’s common between the parent record and the child records. is this now available?
    Does table styling now include header label text, totals text as well as the ability to style the tables outer border?

That’s correct. This has not been implemented. But I just started thinking the other day about how I am going to accomplish this at the model logic level. I was originally going to wait until Couchbase Lite 2.0 was released, but the direction they’re going is making it difficult for me to migrate to it. But that’s another conversation.

NEW QUESTION AFTER PLAYING WITH NEW VERSION

Is it possible to pull data from other TapForms database documents? I would like to be able to create a separate document for Tasks thus creating a healthy separation between sensitive management level info and that of more general task level info that is open to each team member.

No. And I have no plans on adding this as a feature. Each document should be its own island without any bridges between. It keeps everything nicely separated. You can certainly create a separate document for Tasks, but you won’t be able to access those tasks from a different document.

POSSIBLE BUG SPOTED

I may have bumped into a bug where the “Select existing linked records” option under the table is made available with the Link to Form, One to Many field type.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature :)

It lets you move a record from one parent to another when using that for a one-to-many Link Type.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 18, 2017 at 1:43 PM #24056

TeamSDA
    Participant

Thank You Brendan… Your response is most helpful and I really appreciate the new versions capabilities.

Kind Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.