Failed Sync locks user out

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hello Brendan!

I recently run into the problem that i cannot access TapForms on my iPad.
    I have a setup where it sychs with an iMac and an iPhone over WLAN (the iPad ist WLAN only). Now im outside any network an like to work on a database.

When i open TF it stucks in a loop: sych failed – Message “try something like reset sych..” – press “OK” and again…and again…

Even when i clear it out the memory an go to the flight mode TF tries to sych.

I think this behaviour should be maintained. And perhaps it is possible that the dialogue contains that it displays what sych has failed (iPhone, other mac etc.) I assume this could be useful.

Best Regards from hot germany

Alexander

July 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM #10533

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Alexander,

I’m sorry for this trouble. I’m surprised you still get the error in airplane mode.

However, I have put code in place for the next update which turns off listening for notifications from iCloud when there’s no Internet connection available.

The number of failed sync messages may also depend on the number of syncs you’ve done in the past. That’s just a guess though. So they may eventually stop if you dismiss them all.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM #10534

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hello Brandan,

thanks for your reply.
    First i thougt it will cycle through all registered sych files (iMac, iPhone) and then stop. I have watched this behaviour on my Mac several times.
    But this time it cycled through and through and through and i have had no chance to get to the UI to stop syching.
    Looking forward to the update.

Regards,

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.