Extended Search

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

T.L. Ford
    Participant

In search of non-script way to do case sensitive searches, preferably via regex support.

Would also like an easy way to do a simple group by query, returning a recordset of unique rows of just those fields. i.e. show me unique values for these fields (category, subcategory, etc.).

Would also like more sort fields, perhaps even named sorts, like there are named searches.

Thanks!

– T

August 16, 2020 at 4:42 PM #41686

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

You can use a named search to have named sorts. Just create an empty search and use the form tab to control the sort fields you want to use for that search.

August 17, 2020 at 6:00 AM #41687

T.L. Ford
    Participant

Oh! That works wonderfully for the sorts. I thought changing the form tab on the search would also change it on the main view. Thank you!

– T

August 18, 2020 at 11:26 AM #41694

Brendan
    Keymaster

The form and the searches all have their own unique settings for things like sorts and the multi-column list view settings.

You can sort of do a group by query but it will show the details too. Just enable the Show Group Summaries option on the little popup menu where you can also enable or disable the section headers. But by doing that you can get sub-totals by group and of course the grand total at the bottom.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.