Exporting or Using Database Outside Tap Forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Exporting or Using Database Outside Tap Forms

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

mandalamike
    Participant

Now that I’ve got alot of forms and forms that point to forms, I have a lot of relational data. Not being a database expert, what can I do with that data? Ideally, I want to import it into Access. I assess buildings for accessibility. I have a form that has all my building metadata (address, contacts, etc.). I have a number of forms that have questions specific to different building components (parking, entrance, dining area, etc.). There are components that repeat (like paths between components) so I’ve included fields that point to these forms.

When I view it in Tap Forms, I get all the relationships ok but if I export CSV files, there just a bunch of flat files with IDs that don’t match. Is there a way to export the entire database that could be imported into Access? Is there an SQLite utility that is like Access? Do I have to learn something about ODBC?

February 2, 2011 at 5:43 AM #4375

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Well, you could try using a program like SQLite Manager. But unless you understand SQL database structures, I don’t think it will help. The structure that Tap Forms uses is quite unique to the iPhone and iPad apps. At the moment the export function only exports the records that you’re currently viewing in the list. Any linked records are not exported. But that’s something that I think I can add for a future update. But at the moment I’m busy working on other parts of the app. I’ll add that to my to-do list.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.