Exporting Media, Emailing To Field

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Curtisf
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

I downloaded Tap Forms today, and am pleased thus far. I am a school Principal, and trying to develop a database to be used to do classroom walk-throughs to collect data about what is happening in classrooms as I visit them daily. If I can get a system that works well, I would like to advertise it out to other Principals who might be interested.

So I have some specific questions:

– I have included two picture fields in my form. I can’t seem to find a way to get the pictures off the phone. Ideally what I would really like to happen that when I email the form it attaches the pictures to the email. I can’t seem to find a way to do this.

– Same question with audio files. If I save an audio file in the form, how do I get that off of the phone?

– Is there a way to email the form to a field? For example, I want to choose which teacher I am visiting, and when I save it I want to email it to them for immediate feedback. If I chooes that person from my contacts, and they have an email address, I would like to have it emailed to that contact, or even if I had to choose the email address from a select from a list, that would work.

Thanks in advanced!

Curt

September 26, 2009 at 4:07 AM #3773

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Curt,

Tap Forms 1.8 can email photos and audio files as attachments along with your record. So your problem is solved!

The emailing built-in to Tap Forms 1.8 will let you pick a contact or start typing in a contact email address and it will search your contacts. It works just like Mail, except it doesn’t quit out of Tap Forms.

Tap Forms 1.8 was submitted to Apple 7 days ago. Tap Forms Lite was just approved for sale today so I’m expecting the full Tap Forms version to be approved tomorrow. If you want to try it out, you can download Tap Forms Lite for free. And when Apple approves Tap Forms 1.8, you’ll get that feature. Tap Forms Lite is limited to 15 records. There’s no restriction in the full version of Tap Forms.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Brendan

September 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM #3774

sunshine
    Participant

Would it be possible to allow pictures taken within Tap Forms to be exported to the iPhone photo library? Also, can recordings made with Apple’s voice memo app be included in a field, just like pictures from the photo library? And, as above, can Tap Forms audio be exported to Apple’s voice memo app? Lastly do you have any plans to include additional document types to be added?

Many thanks

September 29, 2009 at 7:36 AM #3775

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Sunshine,

In Tap Forms 1.8, you can save a photo taken in Tap Forms to your photo library. When viewing a photo, there’s a new toolbar at the bottom of the screen with an action button you can tap. Tapping it will bring up a menu with a “Save to Photo Album” command.

I’m not sure if Apple’s voice memo app has public access to the audio recording files. But you might find the audio recording interface in Tap Forms 1.8 much more enjoyable to use. It has an all-new look that I’m really proud of.

Audio from Tap Forms 1.8 can be emailed or you can back up using SyncDocs and get access to all your audio files on your desktop computer.

Which document types are you referring to? Are you talking about new field types? Or documents that you can upload into the Files area?

Thanks,

Brendan

September 30, 2009 at 5:29 AM #3776

sunshine
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for the info. I certainly look forward to v1.8. It would be nice if audio can be exported to voice memos because those files sync with iTunes. The other file types I would like to store are PDF and Word/Pages/Excel/Numbers documents.

S

September 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM #3777

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Sunshine,

Well, you can already upload those types of files to the Files area in Tap Forms and view them while you’re on the go. I just haven’t added a file attachment field type yet to let you reference a file from within a record. But that’s on my to-do list.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.