Exporting Layouts from Tap Forms on Mac to iPad2

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Exporting Layouts from Tap Forms on Mac to iPad2

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Marcus Bevis
    Participant

Hi Tappers!
    I’m hoping someone can help. I’ve created a layout for one of my Forms that includes a Company Logo on the top of the form.

When I sync with iCloud, the records update but the Form Layout doesn’t seem to appear. How can I get that layout to appear in the ipad version?

Help…. please and thank you.

Marc

June 26, 2014 at 3:08 AM #10471

Leo
    Participant

Hi,

The answer is simple: you can not.

Yet?

Leo

June 26, 2014 at 4:12 AM #10472

Marcus Bevis
    Participant

Leo: Thank you. I probably could have saved hours if I had posted here in the first place.

Marc

June 27, 2014 at 12:30 AM #10479

Brendan
    Keymaster

Correct. Custom layouts are not a feature in Tap Forms HD for iPad yet.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 12, 2014 at 7:12 AM #11718

Brex
    Participant

Very keen on exporting layouts from Mac to iPad. Now that you’re past the Yosemite update, is this feature high on the priority list? Many thanks. Great product!

November 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM #11721

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brex,

My current priorities are:

1. performance
    2. performance
    3. performance

:-)

Version 3.0.1 is a performance improvement over 3.0, but it’s not to the level that I’m targeting. My big performance upgrade though will take probably 6 months to complete I suspect because it will touch every aspect of the application and will require a complete rewrite of everyone’s database files to a new structure. A tricky thing to do, so must be done very carefully with backups in place before the migration process is begun. It will also require changes to sync to support a new structure. That’s going to be very tricky.

So anyway, with all that going on, I won’t be able to start on iPad layouts until sometime after I’ve done that. I will also need to go through an extensive beta test period with the above performance upgrade and that will take a while. I’ll be looking for volunteers for that at some point when I’m ready. Plus working on minor bug fix releases in between.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM #11723

Brex
    Participant

Brendan

Thanks for the quick reply and the transparency. Better performance would also be great.

November 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM #11741

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Im telling you, people need to understand Brendan is a one man magnificent ship…. We can all agree that TAP forms is fantastic-and everybody has said it already, there will always be bugs here or there in every update with any software you buy.

Lets try not to overload the guy while he works on the most critical part of our databases… PERFORMANCE AND SPEED. This is what everyone really wants, so the more we bury him down with this request/that request (at least the ones which aren’t really critical), we are just delaying the process of him finishing the MOTHERSHIP update to this software that everybody wants more than any other little twerk here or there!!

Much thanks Brendan and Patiently we await!!! :-)

November 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM #11755

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for your understanding Frank and for the vote of confidence. I really appreciate it :-)

November 15, 2014 at 4:41 PM #11761

Brex
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that isn’t what “twerk” means (hint: Miley Cyrus), but, as I already said – happy to see speed and performance improvements and also a big fan of Brendan’s work :)

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.