Exporting A Form From An Ipad

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Craig Hudd
    Participant

Hi, I run tap forms for my business using multiple iPad’s. I’ve had the issue of records disappearing when using the iCloud sync feature. Nobody from the staff would delete the records so I have no idea why we are losing records. Moving on from this issue I wanted to export the form from my iPad to store on my computer as a backup. Now the issue is from the iPad’s I can only export the form as a tfarc file and having searched online I’ve found nothing about this file type? Is there any way I can change this file type on the iPad tap forms app or online?

Many Thanks

Craig

December 8, 2022 at 3:26 AM #48461

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

A .tfarc file is a Tap Forms Archive file. It contains the form template as well as all the records, searches, layouts, fields, and media.

You can import that file into Tap Forms 5 for Mac using the Import Tap Forms Archive format. Or you can import it into the iOS version too from the Files area.

You can also use the Export Records function to generate a CSV file and an associated folder that will contain the media. You can import a CSV file into almost any other database or spreadsheet program.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 8, 2022 at 7:53 AM #48463

Craig Hudd
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I don’t have a Mac computer unfortunately I only use the software on Ipads. I can’t seem to find any other way of exporting the form other than .tfarc? the file encoding option I have selected on export is Unicode (UTF-8) I could change this to (UTF-16) but would that change anything?

Thanks

Craig

December 8, 2022 at 11:04 PM #48464

Brendan
    Keymaster

Use the Export Records function to export a CSV file of your records.

To do that, tap your form to view your records.

Then tap the action menu button.

Then tap Export Records.

The file will end up in the Exports folder of the Files area on the Tools tab.

You can email or upload the file to your preferred cloud storage service from there. Or AirDrop it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.