Exported csv file fails to update any new records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Exported csv file fails to update any new records

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

ndroste
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m new to tapforms, so this may be an issue you’re aware of already.

If I export my custom forms records to a csv file (email or ftp server)it works great the first time. However, if I then add additional records or modify existing ones, these changes aren’t refelcted in any future exports. Ie: Tap forms continues to export the original csv file without any of the changes made since that first export.

A work-around I’ve found is to close Tap-forms after any records have been modified, then go to the iPhones home screen and stop it from running in the background as well(highlight it in the multi-tasking bar at the bottom and close it). Then, if I re-open tapforms and export the records, all of the new additions will appear in the csv file.

It’s as though the app keeps a memory of the original export in RAM and just exports this again and again untl you reset the program, regardless of any modiications to records.

Anyway, let me know if I’m doing something wrong or if this is a common issue. Or, if anyone knows a better solution.

Cheers

November 9, 2010 at 6:33 AM #4253

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello ndroste,

Yes, I am aware of this issue and it has been fixed for my next update. What you’ve outlined is the correct workaround until I am able to release my next update.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 9, 2010 at 6:45 AM #4254

ndroste
    Participant

Brendan,

thanks for the quick reply.

It’s no trouble, and its good to here you’ve worked it out.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.