Export two fields of 20 records as plain text using iOS devices.?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Export two fields of 20 records as plain text using iOS devices.?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

I need to generate a plain text file of two fields of 20 records. But I’m on the road without access to the Mac app.

How can I do it with only an iOS device?

July 28, 2019 at 9:38 PM #36095

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sandee,

Well, it’s a bit more involved on the iOS version because there isn’t the Export Records window there. On iOS you have to go into each field on the Field Options screen when editing your form and disable the “Export Field” option. Then when you export your records, Tap Forms will export only those specific fields that have Export Field enabled.

However, if you’d already done it on the Mac version and synced that form, they should already be set properly for exporting.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 29, 2019 at 4:38 AM #36098

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    It’s not a question of exporting specific fields. I’ve been able to do that.

My problem is generating a TEXT file, not CSV.

I need a text file with tab delimeters or even paragraphs as delimeters.

But on the iOS TapForms creates a CSV that comes in as a table. I need that table turned into ordinary text.

July 29, 2019 at 3:00 PM #36105

Dave Emme
    Participant

Please forgive me if I’m missing something in your question.

A CSV file IS a plain text file. If you are seeing a table when you open it, that’s only because the program you’re opening it with assumes that’s how you want the file contents visually formatted.

Try opening the CSV with a text editor, instead of letting it (default?) to opening with a spreadsheet or some such.

July 29, 2019 at 3:39 PM #36106

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

Ahhh! I got it! I’d been using the Add to Notes instead of the Copy to Notes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.