Export to CSV leaving out data if I choose Photos fields to be exported

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Export to CSV leaving out data if I choose Photos fields to be exported

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Maletic
    Participant

Before you start laughing, I realize that you can’t export photos to a CSV file. But if I *try*, I notice that every field *after* Photos, in every record, is blank. This seems like a bug.

January 18, 2018 at 12:02 PM #27050

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

That’s interesting. The first I’ve heard of this issue, but I’ll definitely give it a try to see what happens.

It would be helpful if you could email me your form template so I can experiment using the same form structure as you.

And no, I would not laugh, because when Tap Forms exports a Photo field, it creates a folder to store all of the photos that you’re exporting. The CSV file will contain the filenames of the photo images that match the actual filenames of the photos. So they can be imported into another copy of Tap Forms that way if you want. So it’s no laughing matter :)

Thanks!

Brendan

January 18, 2018 at 12:07 PM #27051

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just tested this with a simple form and Tap Forms still exported the data after the Photo field. The entries were not blank.

See attached image of my test export.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.