Export single record?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My4Paws
    Participant

Haven’t been able to find an answer to this… Can you export a single record to csv?

I’m also interested to know if you have plans to integrate Tapform more with Siri shortcuts ( to be able to add things into the databases I mean) or a Url scheme to enable the same?

Love the program Brendon
    Thanks

July 31, 2019 at 12:27 AM #36129

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

It’s not the most elegant but if you do a search/filter first, when you export it will only export the records returned by the search. I only tested this on Mac, not iOS.

You can record a Siri Shortcut and hook it up to a script that creates new records for you in Tap Forms. You can’t get any input into it, it’s a very basic integration, but it will let you create a new record.

It takes a lot more effort but you can also directly create records in CouchDB via the Shortcuts app which is the other way I create new records. I use this to prompt for some text, gather the current location and then use that to add new entries to my document.

July 31, 2019 at 1:10 PM #36133

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think iOS 13 will have some support for input on a Siri intents operation, but I haven’t looked into it yet. I could be remembering wrong too.

July 31, 2019 at 9:46 PM #36135

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

The new lists and notes features is something you could integrate with to add new items to forms which would let you get some input. I’d probably take a stab at building my own parser to figure out how to convert that into fields like I already have for other semi structured fields.

That said I don’t think Siri let’s you go full customisable yet, I’m kinda disappointed they’ve kept it as limited as they have because for tools like TapForms it’s limiting in their options. On iOS 12 the shortcuts app still feels kinda limited in how Siri passes over control to the app to complete the workflow. I’ll see how iOS 13 updates this but I don’t think I saw a drastic improvement there. I really wish they enabled a conversational sort of intent.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.