Export only selected records?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Is there a way to export a selection of records instead of the entire DBase? Or at least be able to create a csv of selected records. I can’t remember if I had asked this before. Thanks.
    Jonathan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 6, 2018 at 3:39 PM #31669

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,

You could do that if you created a Saved Search that filtered the records. When you have a Saved Search selected, Tap Forms will export only the records that match the selected search.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 6, 2018 at 5:46 PM #31670

Daniel Leu
    Participant

I created a field called ‘select’ and a saved search for ‘select = yes’. This way I can perform an action on a certain set of data that can’t be easily searched for.

— Daniel

November 6, 2018 at 8:35 PM #31677

Brendan
    Keymaster

A Checkmark field is good for this too since you only need to click to toggle the value. Maybe that’s what you already meant Daniel.

November 7, 2018 at 9:55 AM #31686

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Thanks for the replies!

I know about Saved Searches, and use them alot when sorting records in various ways.

I guess what I was hoping to find a way to Command Click a few records, or a bunch, and then go to the File>Export>Records>Selected Records, and then have an option to export just those records (csv) without having to set up a Saved Search/New Field kind of thing. I know nothing with coding is easy, so just an idea.

The reason I could use this is that after an email blast, I update or add contact(s) (records) that I’d like to simply convert those records to a csv export.

That would be awesome!

Jonathan

November 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM #31690

Daniel Leu
    Participant

A Checkmark field is good for this too since you only need to click to toggle the value. Maybe that’s what you already meant Daniel.

Yes, I’m using a Checkmark field :-)

I guess what I was hoping to find a way to Command Click a few records, or a bunch, and then go to the File>Export>Records>Selected Records, and then have an option to export just those records (csv) without having to set up a Saved Search/New Field kind of thing. I know nothing with coding is easy, so just an idea.

Yeah, that would be nice, specially the command-click to select non-continuous records.

March 29, 2019 at 8:17 AM #34131

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

I know this thread is oldish, but I just tried to select a bunch of records as mentioned above. I then went to Edir>Copy, and then in a new MS Excel spread sheet, Edit>Paste. That did exactly what I was hoping for.Using all current software, os Mogave .4. So I am not sure if something changed along the way, but all is good!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.