Export one record as csv?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Hi Brendan.

Is it possible to export just one record as a csv from a DB/

The idea here is to not have to re-import an entire DB csv into Apples contacts if I’ve just changed a few records. So this is to be able to append my exiting Apple Contacts.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Jonathan

January 30, 2018 at 3:20 PM #27191

Jim Burgess
    Participant

You can export any subset of records by creating a saved search (or even a quick search using the find field in the toolbar) then performing the export. Essentially, whenever you do an export only the displayed records will be exported.

So simply search for the record(s) you want to export, then perform the export.

January 30, 2018 at 4:49 PM #27192

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yup. That’s great advice Jim and exactly how that works.

January 30, 2018 at 8:01 PM #27195

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Thanks Jim!

Would either of you happen to know if you can import and add those records into Apple Contacts without problems? In other words just add the new records to my already existing Apple Contacts.

Thanks again

Jonathan

January 31, 2018 at 3:17 AM #27198

Brendan
    Keymaster

Probably Google is your friend on this one. I’ve never used Contacts to import any data before. But there is an Import command I see. What field names or format is required I’m not sure. CSV is pretty standard, but it could be that you may need special field names to match what Apple’s Contacts app is expecting during import.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.