Export / Import Number field with formatting

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Export / Import Number field with formatting

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Guus
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

I’ve formatted a number field as currency field. When I export this in TF (csv) it includes the Euro sign. If I import it (still in TF) in a copy of the same form it won’t import the value in this field it stays empty.

Not sure if it’s related but if I import this csv file in Excel the formatting is also not working and there are some ASCII characters in frond of the value. This means I have to manually remove them every time.

Guus

November 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM #7911

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guus,

Currently the iOS version can handle that because you can specify the number format to use for numbers during the import process. However that really needs to be a field-level import setting, not a global one as it is now. That’s something I’ll need to change.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 30, 2013 at 5:56 AM #7918

Guus
    Participant

OK, thanks. I use the import/export quite a bit to get data into tap forms. Been considering to get the Mac version as well because this might be easier with all the formatting. But the lack of a demo and the new version on the way makes me hesitant. Any idea when the new Mac version will be available?

November 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM #7935

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guus,

I plan on releasing the new version to Apple sometime this weekend. Just doing some more testing.

It’ll be a free upgrade anyway, so it doesn’t matter when you buy it. Although I am planning on increasing the price by a few dollars in lieu of an in-app upgrade fee for all the new features.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 1, 2013 at 1:04 AM #7949

Guus
    Participant

Thanks again. Do I understand correct that the upgrade to the new version itself is free but that you plan on unlocking the extra functionality with an in app purchase? That’s a nice solution to give existing customers a possibility to get new functionality for a reasonable upgrade fee. It’s a better solution then making a new app and letting everyone, including existing customers, pay full price for it.

I’m a firm believer that good work should be rewarded so I don’t mind paying for upgrades every now and then.

Guus
    PS I bought the upgrade in the lite version of TF iOS. The only disadvantage to that is, is that the app store does’t recognize I’ve bought the full version. It thinks I only have the lite version. Maybe I’ve should have bought the full version instead of the in app.

December 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM #7960

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guus,

No, I am NOT doing an in-app purchase for the new features in Tap Forms Mac 2.0. What I am doing is giving all my current customers all the new features for free but charging a slightly higher price for all new customers. That way everyone benefits from the new features, but loyal prior customers aren’t charged extra for the new features.

After you pay for the In-App upgrade on the iOS Lite version, the only difference between the full and Lite version is the name under the icon. It will still have “LT” in the name. But other than that, they’re the same feature set. But if you ever switch devices you’ll need to re-activate the full version features again by going to the Full Version Upgrade screen, then tapping on the Restore Purchase button.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM #7963

Leo
    Participant

Ah,

and that is why I did the purchase twice…. the in-app (LT) and the Pro… I hate LT when I purchase something :-)

Leo Teunissen (LT)

“After you pay for the In-App upgrade on the iOS Lite version, the only difference between the full and Lite version is the name under the icon. It will still have “LT” in the name. “

December 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM #7966

Guus
    Participant

Hello Leo,

Being thinking about that too…even without those initials ;-)

Thanks for the clarification Brendan. Just bought the Mac version as well.

Guus

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.