Export > Import and picture fields

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Kerry Maxwell
    Participant

I have a database where I wanted to split off a number of records into their own form, and each of these records has a picture field. I exported the records, created a new form, and imported the records into the new form, but the picture field is blank. There are over two thousand records, so manually reimporting the pictures is out of the question. What would be the way to achieve the desired result?

September 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM #24591

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kerry,

If you’re using the Mac version 5 then you can specify a folder where the photos are contained. As long as the filename in the Photo field in the CSV file matches the name of the file on disk, then Tap Forms will match them up for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 14, 2017 at 6:10 AM #24596

Kerry Maxwell
    Participant

I included the photos in the export, and didn’t change the default location that Tap Forms puts them. At what point and how do I tell TF where the photos are? Is it something I can specify for the field after the fact?

September 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM #24602

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kerry,

Yes, on the Import Records window, you’ll see a button you click on to choose the folder where the photos are stored. Do that after you’ve chosen your CSV file location.

Then when you import the CSV file, Tap Forms will know where to look for the photos.

September 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM #24617

Kerry Maxwell
    Participant

OK, that button has been right in front of my face a few hundred times, sorry!

January 11, 2020 at 11:19 AM #39160

Sorry, I just can’t see the button….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 11, 2020 at 1:29 PM #39162

How can I import photos to iphone tap form 5 versión?. I have copied the photo files into a directory named Photos, and I have also copied the csv file into the same directory (using cyberduck). But the photos do not appear in the database.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 11, 2020 at 10:14 PM #39168

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Francisco,

I’m very sorry but that’s a feature of the macOS version.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 13, 2020 at 5:27 AM #39205

Is there any way to import photos in the iphone version? I’m windows user.

January 14, 2020 at 1:38 AM #39226

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Francisco,

No, I’m very sorry. That’s a feature of the Mac version and I haven’t written it to work on the iOS version yet.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.