Export Form to pdf

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Will it be possible to export a completed form to a pdf an send it by email ?

Would be great, if I have an form for IT service, could send it to my costumer, sign it and pay on the spot.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

September 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM #4789

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking of adding a choice to the email record function. 1. Plain Text, 2. HTML, 3 PDF.

September 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM #4795

lgol27
    Participant

Here we are back to our discussion about the customization. How about an option to have or not to have a border around the table? Or if I want to hide specific fields? For example I am collecting my thoughts on a project and I want to share them as a PDF document with others. Without a border and exporting only a note field with main text I will get a nice document where each record shows as a paragraph in the text without additional info I keep in the database for bookkeeping.

September 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM #4807

lgol27
    Participant

Btw, what do you think about letting to configure how many lines are shown from the notes field?

September 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM #4809

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s a good idea. It could be a setting in the Field Options area for Note fields.

September 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM #4812

lgol27
    Participant

I can see that you don’t like the idea of export template. After the basic functionality is done what distinguishes the software are customization and integration with other software systems.

September 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM #4813

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you mean by I don’t like the idea of export template.

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding that statement.

Brendan

September 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM #4814

lgol27
    Participant

Usually if you like an idea you respond to it. You didn’t respond to this one so I concluded that you didn’t like it. But I still think that if done right it could be a big thing, especially with conjugation of different export formats that you have proposed.

September 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM #4815

lgol27
    Participant

This is me trying to sell the idea ;)

September 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM #4816

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, sorry it’s not that I didn’t like the idea. I just noted it in my mind. Sorry for not responding to that specific post about the borders and hiding specific fields when emailing (or printing I’d imagine).

September 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM #4817

lgol27
    Participant

It just hard to tell whether you read the post or not. If you can give me some indication that you got the input, it will be very good.

September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM #4818

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, lets go back to the theme of this post about PDF and email.

“I’ve been thinking of adding a choice to the email record function. 1. Plain Text, 2. HTML, 3 PDF.”

For me it will work as I need, even without costumization of PDF.

Thanks

September 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM #4819

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve been a bit busy working on Tap Forms Mac the past week, but I’ll try to squeeze this in for the update following the next.

Gotta start somewhere. Baby steps :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

November 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM #4918

ericym
    Participant

Try to convert to other format or use online website service.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.