Expert developers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

michael paul
    Participant

Is there a group of TapForm experts who will develop a project in conjunction with others? I am a doctor and want to generate a Personal Health Record but a) do not know if it is possible in TF given the complexity and b) am completely new to this so have no idea how to go about it. There is not an available PHR as I envisage it, all the ones available concentrate on medicine, doctors or wellness, and health is about so much more. Anybody who could help me with this?

October 24, 2019 at 9:40 PM #37342

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Much as I am a fan of pushing Tap Forms forward, I’d be cautious in this realm because HIPAA in the US has strong requirements around the privacy of health records and I’m sure there are plenty of stringent requirements elsewhere in the world. I’m not sure Tap Forms would be the right platform for building this depending on precisely what you’re capturing and who the data custodians are.

October 25, 2019 at 4:54 AM #37357

michael paul
    Participant

Thank you for your kind reply. HIPAA certainly has a very strong influence over Electronic Medical Records in the US, but as far as I understand, being an outsider, it mainly relates to Personally Identifiable Information maintained by the healthcare and healthcare insurance industries, not information entered by an individual into a desktop app about their own health issues, and not stored centrally.

People confuse health with medicine, but in my opinion as a doctor of over 40 years experience, the two are quite different. Health is a much wider concept then medicine, which primarily exists to put things right when they have gone wrong.

We all have health related events which are not and could not be entered into our electronic medical records, even if a universal EMR were available.

For example:

Domiciliary care visits for the elderly or housebound. What agency provides the service, who are the people involved, when do they visit, what do they do?

Dental treatment, people change dentist frequently but a record of treatment never follows them. Dental abscess can lead to ill health so people should keep a record of dental problems as well.

Private online video consultations, becoming increasingly popular but not recorded.

Stress counselling provided through work as part of a wellness package.

Private physiotherapy, osteopathy, and sports medicine, perhaps provided through a sports club or gym

Alternative medicine, holistic or naturopathic treatment

Cosmetic operations, fillers etc.

And then most chronic diseases begin slowly, people are rarely struck by medical lightening.

It is my guess that in the future people will want to collect all this data about themselves and such a template as I am suggesting will be very popular.

Whether Tap Forms is the right vehicle, well I guess that is what I am asking experts about.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.