Errors/Bug when typing email during export

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Errors/Bug when typing email during export

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Hi,

I found that when I hit the email records button when within a record, and I begin typing, that everytime I misspell a word and the iPhone would auto correct- two things would happen in that instance. 1. The first letter would double, the space infront of the word would delete.

Basically when you misspell/autocorrect multiple words it looks like the attached picture. (It seems to only happen on the email export function, regular email by clicking an email address doesn’t do this)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM #9531

Brendan
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s really weird! It happens to me too.

I can’t imagine it’s anything wrong with what I’m doing though. I suspect it’s a bug in iOS 7.1. Something to do with typing text into an HTML email. I’ll have to see if I have any other apps which exhibit this behaviour.

Investigating…

Thanks,

Brendan

March 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM #9532

Frank Tikket
    Participant

No problem, I had it on 7.0.6 as well if that helps in investigating. :) and also it’s no problem when not exporting … Regular email from record field works just fine.

March 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM #9534

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I’m not sure what I’m doing to cause this issue yet. I tried another app and it didn’t suffer from this problem. Something about the HTML that I’m generating may be causing this issue. Still investigating.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 9, 2014 at 9:19 PM #9679

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Any luck with this one, It’s a very nice feature you made letting us email records… But for me and my clumsy fingers, I am very used to mistyping words and letting the autocorrect be the norm. Would love to see a fix, especially because I use this feature multiple times a day emailing certain records to peers :)

April 9, 2014 at 10:55 PM #9681

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I just managed to fix this one tonight.

It was such a stupid thing. Not anything I was doing wrong mind you. Just that to fix it, I had to add a non-broken space character ” ” right after the body tag in the html. Very strange. One little space character fixed this issue.

Also prior to discovering this, if you type you content with mistakes above the output Tap Forms generates instead of below it, the bug doesn’t happen.

I think it’s a strange bug with Apple’s email rendering code. It doesn’t really make sense for any technical reason that you’d need to add a space character after the html body tag. I just stumbled upon it through trial and error.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.