Error When Opening

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Hi

I am having an issue when opening a database file where it is asking for a password.

‘Enter the password to unlock this document’.

The issue is I never set this up with a password.

What can I do? Some of the manual backups I did will not open and the file size of the backup is much smaller than original. Tap Forms has not crashed recently but whenever it does I expect the database to be corrupt or not working. Love the software overall but I do not feel that my data is ever secure.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Daniel

November 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM #20377

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Which version of Tap Forms are you using? And do you have Time Machine that you can restore your database with?

The Tap Forms 3.5 database file is stored here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents

The file is called TapForms_db.sqlite

The above ~ character means your home folder location.

Hopefully you can restore the TapForms_db.sqlite file from before the problem started.

Sorry for this trouble.

Brendan

November 14, 2016 at 9:47 PM #20380

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Hi

I am using the latest version and all updated through app store. I have since restored from a backup with minimal loss.

Really enjoying the latest version overall, a few quirks aside, and appreciate the quick reply.

On a side note, was thinking today that I would love to see moving to the next record (with the shortcut) keep the cursor in the same field.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
    Daniel

November 23, 2016 at 6:10 PM #20448

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Hello

My database has corrupted again and it is requesting a password. This time the manual backups I made are not opening either. I get an error ‘database disk image is malformed’. For some reason the auto-backups are not up to date with nothing from the last month.

Hopefully I am able to get the time machine version to work again. Is there anything I can do to make the database more secure? Brendan, am I able to send you a backup file to look at?

Alternatively can I restore the cloudant version.

Thanks
    Daniel

November 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM #20451

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

If you restore an older backup, Cloudant will automatically bring it up-to-date.

If you would like to test a new version of Tap Forms which I hope solves this database corruption issue, I’d love to have you test it. You do have to restore the file though. Email me and I’ll send you the link to download it. As a bonus, I’ve just added Touch ID support to the Mac version.

If you can’t get a backup file restored, send me the database document ID (the value that starts with “db-” on the Cloud Sync Settings screen) and I can send you an empty document file which when signed into Cloudant will download all the data from Cloudant again.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM #20453

Daniel Smith
    Participant

Yes that would be great thanks. I will email you now. I will give that a go and give you the Cloudant id.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.