Error Sending to Cloudant Server

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Scott Simons
    Participant

database does not exist

how do I move/copy/upload the database to cloudant? when I check cloudant in shared databases there are none there

also on mu ios device do i log in with my same credentials? or do you have to create a separate cloudant account for each devise ?

I am trying to figure this out asap in order to get my friend to order 10 licenses today

thx

August 6, 2016 at 2:27 PM #18245

Scott Simons
    Participant

how do you sync the file to cloudant, every time I try to log on it states that the database is not there –

really, this should be a no brainer, is there any real tech support?

what did I just buy?

August 7, 2016 at 4:28 AM #18268

cd13
    Participant

I was able to sync to Cloudant until I found out that a number of my DBs had the same DB ID and were overwriting each other.

So I deleted all but one DB from Cloudant (that had a different DB ID and successfully synced across all devices), then recreated the DBs on my Mac, iPad and iPhone with each DB having its own DB ID across all devices (so far so good!).

But now I get “database does not exist” when attempting to sync to Cloudant from any of the three devices.

Brendan, we need procedures for Cloudant synching (what to do and what not to do).

Thanks for the hard work; once we get going then all will be forgotten.

August 7, 2016 at 7:11 AM #18270

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

My experience:

1.) First read the manual (i´m old school ;-) ).
    2.) Create an account at Cloudant
    3.) Gone to the preferences of the document (they are in menu/preferences and are different for each document!)
    4.) Logged in to cloudant
    5.) For iPhone and iPad a used the “nearby-sync”-feature and sent a copy of the database document to each device
    6.) logged in on each iOS device with the Cloudant-Account.
    7.) Done. Quite fast. Have set up a small testing database containing images, signatures, drawings and positions. The sync was complete within 5 seconds.

In the management-window you can see the document-ID when you click on the information-button. All my docs have different random ID.
    When there are problems you should logg in on the clouding website and look if all data bases are there. There you can delete unused and perhaps not synched db, too

Regards

August 7, 2016 at 8:28 AM #18273

Scott Simons
    Participant

Nearby sync does not work for my iphone with this database (althought it sees my iphone, but never sends the message to accept or not), although airdrop allowed to send the file to the iphone

I was able to transfer from desktop to a laptop

trying to upload to cloudant always states that the db does not exist, no kidding, it will not allow me to upload it

seems like the potential for a great db for limited users, but it is still in beta as far as I can see

August 7, 2016 at 8:48 AM #18278

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

The message revealed (afair) when i was in the “Home screen” of TF without any documents open. But it took 2 or 3 attempts. When the “send”-button on the mac changes from “send” to “wait…” your on the right way.

August 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM #18287

cd13
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply but here’s a good chance that I’m even older school (in the IT business for over 35 years and way back when the reference material were big fat IBM manuals, no Internet ;-)).

Did all your steps and as mentioned I was able to sync a number of DBs to Cloudant up until a number of them ended up having similar DB IDs. I deleted and recreated the faulty DBs but just cannot get them up to Cloudant.

My first attempt was faultless but my second not so. Cannot figure out what I’m doing differently this time.

Regards.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.