error field type: contact and iCloud sync

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms error field type: contact and iCloud sync

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

LDamers
    Participant

Let me start by saying this iCloud sync is wonderful…well worth the wait !! I bought the Mac version this morning and everything synced from my iphone and ipad, however the only problem is my contacts. On the iphone and ipad the selected contact shows up however on the mac when I try to pull up the contact it directs me to my contacts list. I tried selecting the correct contact on the Mac but the contact appears with (null) after the contact which is then transferred to the other devices after a sync. I also tried reselecting the contact on the phone and ipad but when it synced the mac still didn’t show the contact.

September 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM #5338

Brendan
    Keymaster

Does it do this for all your contacts? Or just specific ones or a specific type of contact?

September 14, 2012 at 7:30 AM #5388

LDamers
    Participant

There is no rime or reason why some contacts stay linked on the mac version. Not sure what you mean by specific type of contact, they are all just from my contacts program. I tried linking the contacts on the mac, some will stay linked and some will drop off the next time i launch the program. Discovered the (null) is an apple thing…if no last name in the contact it just replaces it with (null)

September 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM #5389

LDamers
    Participant

Been doing some testing reselected the same contact on my phone, synced via phone, contact info appears on mac, then synced via mac and all is still good. The problem arises when I sync via the phone the next time, the linked contact info on the mac drops off. I can sync all I want via the phone no problem but once I sync via the mac the problem starts. So confused by this.

September 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM #5397

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, it does seem confusing. I’ll have to do some more testing with that to see if I can find the problem.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.