Encryption in MAC – Problems

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Partha.Baral
    Participant

Hi,

I did not set the Tapform database to be encrypted and did not set any encryption key. I was editing a Form definition and set one field to be encrypted.

Now everytime I start Tapform, it is as asking for “Encryption Key”. What do I entry to get to the database?

Please HELP !.

Partha

September 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM #5429

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Partha,

I answered your question via email already, but I’ll reply here too for the benefit of the Tap Forms community.

If you encounter a situation in Tap Forms Mac where you are prompted for the encryption key and cannot get into the app because it doesn’t recognize your key, it’s because there was no key set at that time, but the form has a field with the “encrypt field value” checkmark set.

To get into the app, launch Tap Forms for Mac, then before the toolbar disables itself, click on the Lock App button at the top-left. Then click on the Set Encryption Key button and enter in your encryption key. You should be able to get into the app at that point. it’s just that the encryption key hasn’t been set just yet.

In my next update I’ve put code in place to prevent you from getting into this situation in the first place.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.