Encrypted data vanished on iPad w TF 5.0.5

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Encrypted data vanished on iPad w TF 5.0.5

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Had the oddest thing happen. I was on my iPad Air 2, running 10.1.1. Opened Tap Forms (5.0.5 I’m a rev behind), opened an encrypted DB, navigated to a record and copied the data out of one of the fields. (Tap field, select all). Pasted said data into a line in one of my terminal sessions. When I returned to TF, presto! The DB now says: “No Forms”. Rather distressing.

The data is apparently there, at least the size shown in the settings/tools is consistent with what the size has been in the past. Hitting compact DB causes TF to crash in short order.

Good news is that I am doing manual syncing between my iPad, iPhone, & iMac, and those DB seem to be fine. I’m thinking best to delete the DB from the iPad and resend it from iMac or iPhone.

November 4, 2016 at 1:43 PM #20305

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Ok, on the good news front. Updating to TF 5.0.6 fixed the issue. The forms are back.

November 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM #20307

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, sorry for this bug. It was a silly one-line mistake I made. Fixed in a jiffy.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.