Enable Access Controls locked & password not working

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Enable Access Controls locked & password not working

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Christina
    Participant

I have a couple of older forms (not encrypted) that I’ve apparently checked “enable access controls” on. When I try to disable access controls, no password that I believe I would’ve possibly used work in the “enter admin password” window & the “Disable Access Controls” button in the window remains disabled no matter what I type in. Is there a way to recover whatever this mysterious password would be? Same issue with the “click the lock to prevent changes” password field…no password working & “unlock” button remains disabled. Did I really screw things up bad here or can I find these somewhere, somehow? (this is happening in version 5.3.33 (Build 1896), but was also happening on the previous version as well)

January 7, 2023 at 12:13 AM #48582

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Christina,

You can remove the password with the Keychain Access application. You’ll need to know your login password to your Mac to unlock that.

Search the Keychain Access application for the key adminAccessControlsPassword-1.0

Then delete any entries you see for that. Then re-launch Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.