Emailing Selected Addresses

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I’m still in love with Tapforms. Am using Version 5.2.11 (Build 1787). I searched forums and the tutorial but couldn’t find an answer to… …Can I email a letter to, say, 100 contacts, with their name, e.g., Dear Bruce and perhaps date from other fields with square brackets? I want to set it up so it opens in Gmail with the Dear Bruce, the date, and the letter text. Is there a way to create the letter inside Tapforms and make it automatically show in the Gmail? Or do I have to resort to manually inserting Dear Bruce and the letter each time in Gmail itself? Cheers, Bob

June 1, 2018 at 7:08 PM #28856

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

The Email Selected Addresses function just creates an empty email message addressed to the people you’ve selected in your records. It doesn’t insert any data into the message.

Tap Forms isn’t a bulk email application. Personally I use Campaign Monitor for sending out personalized bulk emails.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 1, 2018 at 7:21 PM #28857

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

Creating the email is still useful. Thanks for the tip.

Bob

April 15, 2020 at 10:18 AM #40335

john lovejoy
    Participant

Brendan,
    I would like to be able to select email addresses from my database for a bulk email. I assume I need a separate email field in the database?

I cannot find the ‘email selected addresses’ function in TF.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
    John

April 16, 2020 at 1:47 AM #40342

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Yes, you would need a field of type Email for this to work.

The Email Selected Addresses function is under the Edit menu.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.