Email Record?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

Since I haven’t finished my training yet (http://www.asmarterwaytolearn.com/js/) I haven’t utilized your suggestion about copying a record from one Form to another Form.

Instead of running a script to copy one record to a different form, I looked for something I used all the time in my old database but couldn’t find.

Can go into a record on my iPhone and email that single record in text or html format to someone? This has been extremely useful for me in the past.

I saw a recent Script discussion about emailing a record if it was a certain date, but it was way over my head and more complicated than just emailing the current record including all its fields with the field names?

Any hints to do this?
    Thanks.

March 17, 2023 at 7:15 PM #49162

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you want to email a record based on some date, you could create a Saved Search that finds the record for that date, then just email it as normal

March 18, 2023 at 6:42 AM #49163

Glen Forister
    Participant

I don’t want to email a record based on anything except the record I am looking at on my screen. I just want to email the record I am in and no other. This would have to be a Script that would work on any Form and send all the fields of that one record.

I would also like it to work on my laptop as well as my iPhone.

You say “Just email it as normal”. Do I copy the record? I don’t see a way to do that.

Any ideas how this can be created?
    Thanks.

March 18, 2023 at 9:07 AM #49164

Daniel Leu
    Participant

What would the recipient do with this email? Add it to his own TapForms or just look at it in plain text?

March 18, 2023 at 9:13 AM #49165

Glen Forister
    Participant

Just look at in plain text. Like I’m talking with a person and telling them about a book – email him the record so he can find it.

Or, I need to copy a record from one form to another. Can’t be done apparently without so much Script my head swims. So if I can email it to myself, at least I can copy and paste from my email to the other form.

Thanks.

March 18, 2023 at 12:44 PM #49167

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well on iOS you just tap the action menu button and then tap on the email function. Tap Forms will ask you if you want to send as HTML or PDF. That’s how you send just that one record.

On macOS it’s a bit different. Select your record, then select the Print function. Choose the “Print selected records” option. Then click the PDF button and choose the Mail PDF function.

March 18, 2023 at 2:21 PM #49168

Glen Forister
    Participant

I looked in the manual, but didn’t find it. I thought I had seen it somewhere but couldn’t find it again in the iPhone.
    Didn’t think to look at the print function for the laptop.
    Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.