Email formatting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

MikeF
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just started using Tap Forms to do surveys with and think it has great potential for what I want to do, but I’ve got a couple of problems. My surveys consist mainly of text fields and photos, and TF is great for collecting this, but back in the office I need to format it and add some diagrams. Emailing the surveys to myself is great as the photos are collated (unlike if I export a csv and the photos only referenced) however the field titles for the photos are lost and I can’t find any way of formatting the emails either. I’d prefer:

Field title: Value

rather than:

Field title

===========

Value

and also some way of keeping the field names of the photos in place, even if the entry is blank and the photos attached.

Any way of doing this?

Thanks,

Mike

June 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM #4650

lgol27
    Participant

It could be done by exporting a simple template for the user. You know, a textarea control (whatever it is called in Objective-C) with a couple of buttons to insert special values: {Field Name}, {Field Value} and maybe some more (Date/Time stamp perhaps). By default it could be what it is now.

July 1, 2011 at 3:52 AM #4652

Brendan
    Keymaster

I was actually thinking of something more advanced like an HTML based template engine.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 1, 2011 at 10:36 AM #4653

lgol27
    Participant

Just trying to make your life easier but HTML engine is much cooler !

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.