Email A Record (From TF Mac Version)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

DJReda
    Participant

When working in a record on the iOS version, I am able to email the individual record by clicking the box with the arrow pointing up in the upper right hand corner of the iOS version and then selecting “email”. This generates a nice, clean email version of the record with all of the data, photos, etc included. I sync my database across my iPad, iPhone and Macbook. Is there any way of being able to email an individual record from my Macbook as I can do with the iPhone and iPad versions?

Thanks in advance.
    Dominick

November 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM #15210

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dominick,

You can do this with the Print function. Click on the PDF button at the lower-left of the Print sheet and then select the “Mail PDF” option.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 14, 2015 at 6:25 AM #15218

DJReda
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’m aware of the PDF / print function – thanks! I was wondering if there was a way to get the record into the body of an email in lieu of an attachment. Similar to on the iPhone/iPad.

Thanks again for your help!

Dom.

November 14, 2015 at 3:53 PM #15229

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dom,

No sorry there isn’t. The reason I do it that way is because on iOS there’s a function for composing an HTML email. On Mac there isn’t unfortunately. I can compose plain text emails, but just not HTML. Not sure why they have the discrepancy between iOS and OS X like that.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.