Editing Tab Order

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Alan Hayman
    Participant

Hi, Brendan,
    I just purchased Tap Forms and am moving my data over from FileMaker. Thank you for developing this app and supporting it; so far, I’m very pleased.
    I saw an earlier forum entry on editing the tab order between fields on a record. Following what I read, I click the tab icon in Layout mode, and a little blue button appears in the upper left corner of each field, with a “0” in it. When I click on the button, a small window appears. When I change the “0” in the first field to “1” and then click elsewhere, the button remains at “0”. How do I get Tap Forms to save the edited tab information?
    Thank you!

February 23, 2022 at 12:38 AM #46836

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I just tried this, I double clicked on the 0, typed a different number and then clicked off and it seemed to save it ok. What version of TF are you using (Tap Forms > About) and what OS are you running on?

February 23, 2022 at 12:49 AM #46838

Alan Hayman
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m running Tap Forms 5.3.24 on an iMac running MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina).
    Parenthetically, is Tap Forms compatible with MacOS Monterey?
    Thanks.

February 23, 2022 at 1:11 AM #46841

Alan Hayman
    Participant

I just tried double-clicking on the 0, typing a 1, and clicked off, and it stayed at 0.

February 23, 2022 at 1:55 AM #46842

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I run it on Monterey on a M1 MBP without issues, an iMac running Catalina and even a Mojave Mac Pro. I tried on the iMac and didn’t have any issues changing the tab order for the layout :(

Do you have any sync stuff setup?

February 23, 2022 at 2:00 AM #46843

Alan Hayman
    Participant

Sam,
    No, I have no sync stuff set up, and I haven’t yet incorporated any relationships with another form.

Thanks.

February 23, 2022 at 2:26 AM #46846

Brendan
    Keymaster

Press the Return key to accept the new value on the tab order popover.

February 23, 2022 at 2:27 AM #46847

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, and thanks for purchasing Tap Forms!

And also you can change the tab order on the Layers tab by double-clicking on the tab order value, type in a new value and press the return key. But it’s easier to just do it right on the layout because then you can visualize more easily the order you want. Make sure all fields have a value greater than 0 in the order you want the tabbing to occur.

February 23, 2022 at 5:05 AM #46852

Alan Hayman
    Participant

Ah, the return key! Why didn’t I think of that?
    Thank you!
    Two other things I discovered that are not mentioned in the manual:
    • In a found set of records, to change the same field in all those records to a given value, in Multi-Column view, click in that field in the top record and enter the value you wish. Then scroll down to the bottom record and shift-click in that field, so that the fields are all selected from top to bottom, and then choose Fill Down from the Edit menu.
    • If a group of records are displayed as a result of a Saved Search, and you want to create another Saved Search without over-writing the Saved Search you last did, click on the form name above all the Saved Searches, so that all records in the form are displayed. Then, click on the Advanced Search icon and enter the search information, and click Save. That search will be performed, and a new Saved Search will be created without over-writing the previous Saved Search.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.