Editing in Multi-Column View doesn’t work

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Editing in Multi-Column View doesn’t work

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

For some reason, I can’t edit in the spreadsheet section of Multi-Column View anymore. And when I use the Multi-Value Pick List I can only select one value. What happened?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM #38250

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you email me your form template so I can examine it?

The multi-column list views pick lists really only work properly with single-value Pick Lists. It’s probably something I should look into to see if I can get it to show multiple values at some point.

There are certain field types that you can’t edit though, such as Calculation fields, Script fields, etc.

Also, do you have access controls enabled and the form locked? That can prevent editing.

November 23, 2019 at 4:13 PM #38251

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

In the spreadsheet section I used to be able to click into the field and edit with coma-separated entries. If I clicked on the small arrow of the field a pop up came on and I could select on there. Not anymore. Now the whole field is highlighted with a handle that can be dragged. I just enabled Access Controls with everything checked. No change. How do I email you the form?

November 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM #38272

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Attached is a picture of the selection. It would not go into edit mode. You can drag the handle in the middle but that’s it. I need to be able to edit in this view. Also if you click the multi-value Pick List and you click outside, all the values are gone and you can’t get them back via command-z. Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 24, 2019 at 1:38 PM #38275

Brendan
    Keymaster

Then handle in the middle (the yellow dot) is the fill function. If you drag up or down, that’ll take whatever value is in the selected cell and copy it into the other cells as you drag up or down.

Pick Lists can’t be edited in the multi-column list view like that. When you try to edit, it will display the popup button to let you select a value.

But it shouldn’t clear the existing value if you don’t select anything. I’ll look into that to figure out why that’s misbehaving.

November 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM #38276

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I distinctly remember being able to do that in an earlier version, either clicking once into the field in spreadsheet view or double click would insert the cursor and enter edit mode. You could quickly add values and separate via comma. Only if you click on the arrow on the right side, would the pick list pop up. Now it’s more or less read-only and rather useless. Could it be that it changed when you added the fill function?

November 24, 2019 at 1:56 PM #38277

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Also, when I enter values in the Default Layout for a pick list, instead of selecting it from the pop up (because I need to insert it at a certain space), it doesn’t create a check mark on the pop up like it used to. I am starting to think something is not right with my document.

November 25, 2019 at 1:25 AM #38284

Brendan
    Keymaster

I suppose it’s possible that when the fill handle was added, the Pick List behaviour changed. Not intentionally. But I just tested Tap Forms 5.1.4, which was released in 2017 and it behaves the same way as it does now. So it’s at least a 2 year old feature and hasn’t changed since.

I also just checked Tap Forms 3.5.19 from 2016 and it behaves the same way. It also has the fill-down function though.

Tap Forms uses the value of the field, comma-space separated to determine if a checkmark should appear. Make sure if you comma separate your values, you also put a space after each comma.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.