Editing Fields

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Karina Schafer
    Participant

This is a very basic question, but I’m having trouble with something that I thought would be more intuitive.

When one is editing a form and wants to check on and/or edit how a field is setup, is it possible to simply click on a field box in the form and have the corresponding field displayed automatically on the right hand side field edit dialog box?

Or is the only way to edit a field to search for it in the field search box on the right hand side?

At this point the only way I have found to edit a field is by searching or scrolling for it, and I find this extra laborious and time consuming.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 9, 2019 at 3:14 AM #38609

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Karina,

Yes you are right. The issue is that when you are in Layout Edit mode, the Form & Field Inspector panels aren’t even available because Tap Forms is showing the Layout Inspector panel instead. And when you do click on a field on the layout, Tap Forms selects the field on the Layers tab at the bottom-right. I suppose it would be a good feature to add an Edit Field button on the Layers or somewhere else on the Layout inspector panel. Maybe even double-clicking on the field on the Fields tab there (which is just used for dragging to the Layout Editor area) to edit would be handy. I’ll add this to my to-do list for a future update.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.