Edit button (Cancel / Save buttons) missing

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Edit button (Cancel / Save buttons) missing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Knight
    Participant

TapForms Version 5.2.4 (Build 1748)

I was inputing some records and but I was going back and forth between desktops and monitors with my mouse copy and pasting info and didn’t click twice to get into the right fields before I started typing and it jumped around the record list thinking I was trying to search for a record, then I selected the record I wanted from the record list and there was no button to edit. However, I was able to edit anyway.

Now, no matter if I change records or add a new one the edit button is missing and so is the save / cancel buttons. I can edit without problems. Have I turned on or off something without realizing it that has made these buttons disappear? As long as I can create records and edit them without issue I don’t really care but I am pretty used to having to click that edit button a lot so having it go missing is curious. I’ve attached a screenshot that shows the modes I am in and the lack of any buttons at the bottom.

On a side note, I have been noticing weird behavior with the edit and cancel / save buttons for some time. It sometimes doesn’t change from save /cancel to edit and vice versa. I sometimes have to click save several times before it will switch the edit button to be able to edit. I don’t really know what I am doing to make them behave randomly strange and have not seen a pattern that I can use to describe how to reproduce it. I am reluctant to call it a bug since I’ve done that several times lately when the issue I was seeing/reporting on was more user error or just a Tap Forms design choice than actually a bug.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 7, 2017 at 3:59 PM #26558

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s a switch on the General preferences that allows you to control whether or not the Edit/Save button shows up. When it doesn’t show up, you can freely edit your record data just by clicking into a field. With it enabled, you have to first click on the Edit button, then the Save button.

December 7, 2017 at 4:30 PM #26559

Chris Knight
    Participant

Ah! I never noticed that before. I like it. I wonder how I turned it on and why it is on for one database file and not for another. Is this setting not global but attached to each database document?

December 7, 2017 at 5:56 PM #26560

Brendan
    Keymaster

All preferences are on a per-document basis. They’re stored inside the .tapforms package as a DocumentProperties.plist file.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.