DVD Collection – automation of movie info from barcode?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms DVD Collection – automation of movie info from barcode?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

sigamy
    Participant

Sorry if this is an FAQ. The search here doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I’d like to create a DVD Collection database complete with cover art, actors, descriptions, etc. Is there a way to automate the data pulls from the web after scanning the bar code similar to how Delicious Library or Booxter do?

How are folks getting large DVD collections into Tap Forms? Manual entry?

September 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM #5383

Brendan
    Keymaster

The barcode scanning in Tap Forms does not go out to the Internet and download data based on the code. There are other apps which will do that, but they’re targeted specifically for movie, audio, or book collections. They typically use Amazon for gathering that information. But their databases aren’t typically customizable the way Tap Forms is.

You could always use a CSV file to import your movie data if you have that. If you have cover art, you could put them into a folder and upload them to Tap Forms using the built-in FTP server and Cyberduck FTP software. If your CSV file contains the path to the photo (e.g. “My Images/the_terminator.jpg”) then Tap Forms will find the photos when you import the CSV file.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.