Duplicating entries

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

coasterchris
    Participant

I have a database of items I collect. There are currently 716 items listed. With each item there are 4 text fields for various forms of information about that item. I decided to add a 5th text field to add more info to my records. Here is the odd behavior happening. When I add text to the new field, it is duplicating that same information into another random record in that same field. No matter what field I add (text, list etc), this behavior continues to repeat. If I go to the random record that was automatically updated, not by me, and delete that text, it also deletes from the original item that I was adding the information to. I hope this makes sense.

It is VERY frustrating. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

January 14, 2014 at 12:33 AM #8714

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Oh that’s very odd.

Can you please email me the form template so I can look into that myself? If I can’t duplicate the issue with your template, it would be helpful to have a backup of your database so I can investigate this more thoroughly.

Did you ever duplicate your form template?

And does the duplicated data happen when typing into the multi-column list view or the default layout or a custom layout?

Thanks,

Brendan

January 15, 2014 at 12:56 PM #8741

coasterchris
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I am using a form that has 6 fields (5 are text fields, 1 is a file field). Each field is just basic information about the collectible. When I add a seventh field, in this case a pick list, when I select one of the items in the pick list for a specific record it adds the same “pick” on a random record elsewhere in the same database. It doesn’t matter if I am in multi-column view or default view. I don’t believe I have ever duplicated this form. Also, I have re-indexed the d/b multiple times to no avail. I will be more than happy to send you whatever you need as this issue is frustrating. Let me know specifically what/how to send you and I will.

On an unrelated note, PLEASE PLEASE add batch editing :-)

Chris

January 15, 2014 at 2:09 PM #8742

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Please use the Export Form Template command from the File menu and then email me that file.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM #8743

coasterchris
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Attached is the form template.

I discovered another issue that hopefully you can resolve. When I do a search, it pulls everything from that search and one random item that does not match that search at all. Keep in mind this is a simple search in the search box. Saved searches with criteria do work as expected.

Thanks,
    Chris

January 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM #8744

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Can you please email me the form template? The forum doesn’t allow uploading of them. Or perhaps you could zip it up first.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.