Duplicate Record Bug

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

ziggy
    Participant

I have set up 2 forms that I use as templates. Both contain several fields with pre-filled data. When I need to enter data using these forms I use the duplicate record function. When it works it’s great. I think I’ve seen the bug before but it happened so intermittently that I thought I’d erred and forgot to select duplicate record. However with the last two updates, especially the latest one (2.0.1.1) it’s happening so often – it’s not me. It still doesn’t happen every time but this morning it’s gone wild. Seems like there are 2 problems.

Here is what happens –

I open the template, select duplicate record. The record appears with the notation at the top that this is a duplicate record. Fill out the form and save it. When it returns to the list the template is gone. The new record is there but the template is gone. Also on occasion it creates a duplicate of the record I just created. This is happening with multiple templates.

Just occurred to me – I’m making the changes in the duplicate record as soon as it appears – do I need to exit the new record and then reopen it before I make the changes?

January 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM #4363

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ziggy,

You shouldn’t have to exit the record back to the list view before editing. I’ve been doing some testing and I haven’t seen the template record disappear yet after I duplicate it. But I’ll keep trying.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.