Duplicate entries in ALL forms on ONE device only!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Duplicate entries in ALL forms on ONE device only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

HELP! I have just discovered duplicate entries of ALL records in ALL my forms on my ipod but NOT on my macs. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO SORT THINGS OUT?

Any idea why?

Looking forward to an early reply as can’t use until sorted.

Many thanks!!!

Tony

February 17, 2014 at 11:20 PM #9056

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

That’s strange. Doesn’t make sense. Did this get caused from a sync operation? Are you using the latest versions of Tap Forms?

If you’re using iCloud sync you could always uninstall Tap Forms on your iPod touch and then reset iCloud Sync, then re-upload your data from your Mac to iCloud and then wait for your iPod touch to auto-sync. That should get you to exactly what you had on your Mac.

But I’d be interested to know how this happened.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 18, 2014 at 5:43 AM #9061

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I think it was a sync issue – I have had the same with my calendars a while ago – they got TRASHED by iCloud. That’s why I am not a big fan – Dropbox for me where possible but I know you said it was a massive task to include DBox in TapForms.
    Anyway – ran the database management set of tools and the duplicates are gone and sync is OK. I can take no credit for this or know why it worked – maybe reindexing did the trick?
    This for your swift reply. Any news on 2.1 (whats in it) and labels?
    Cheers
    tony

February 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM #9062

Leo
    Participant

Tony,

I had this one too a while ago… What I did was turn syncing of, leaving only iCloud version. Uninstalled Tapforms, reinstall and turned syncing on.. Everything went back to normal after that… Hop this works for you too.

Leo

February 19, 2014 at 1:25 AM #9065

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

2.1 will be out on February 20th. So Thursday sometime. I had debated whether it should just be a 2.0.2 update, but I typically reserve those for releases that are bug fixes only. This one also includes 2 new features. Inverse relationship support and Calculation fields within formulas of other Calculation fields. So that’s why I made it a 2.1 update.

No label printing support just yet.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 19, 2014 at 5:34 AM #9067

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

will the two new features be compatible wit iOS? Or can we expect update for iOs also? Otherwise it would be better to wait with releasing the new OSX version.

Leo

February 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM #9068

Brendan
    Keymaster

There will be updates for both iOS and Mac tomorrow. If there would be any major changes to the database schema then I would try to release the iOS and Mac updates on the same day. And that’s what I’m doing this time since the changes would necessitate that.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.