Duplicate Default Layout

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Eddy
    Participant

Hi Folks!

It may be really easy, but I did not find it out:

How can I duplicate the default layout?

I need this, because the default layout is very useful for me to get a fast and clean result. So, I would like to copy that table design and build a second layout like that, in which I hide some fields. This will let me have very quickly a clean and useful “mask” to input some data…

Thanks in advance,

Eddy

November 4, 2019 at 2:59 AM #37740

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Eddy,

The Default Layout is generated programatically. It’s not the same code as the custom layouts.

However, if you make a new custom layout, then on the Fields list at the bottom of the layout inspector panel, select all the fields and drag them all out at once to your custom layout. Tap Forms will generate something equivalent, but not exactly the same. Make sure you have the Create Field Title option enabled so that Tap Forms makes the titles for you. They’ll appear to the left of the fields themselves.

You can then further customize the layout by moving fields around and/or removing the ones you don’t want.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 4, 2019 at 3:04 AM #37742

Eddy
    Participant

Thanks Brendan!

I tried this imediatly. But it does not help in our case. We have really a lot of fields. And the result of this method is, that we need a lot of time to make it useable and, moreover, if we change something, it needs again work.

So, it would so great, if in the future tapforms could give us a simple way, to create more than one layout like the custom layout.

Regards, Eddy

November 4, 2019 at 9:18 AM #37754

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I’ve wondered about a middle ground layout that would use the default layout style but basically you could select which fields you wanted to display and what order. Something like the old dialogs where on the left you have the fields available list and on the right you have the fields you intend to put in the layout and the ability to order them.

Something like this:

This would also be something that worked on iPadOS/iOS as well since all you’re doing is restricting/reordering fields in what is otherwise the default layout.

February 6, 2024 at 8:33 AM #50458

Hanuman
    Participant

Hello,

I agree this would be useful.
    I’m new to tap forms and right now I’m ok with the default view but I mind the bright colors, I would like to make a dark themed version.
    Making a new layout and dragging all fields in is really quite different from the default layout, will take a lot of time to get it to make it look alike.
    Best,
    V..:

February 7, 2024 at 1:00 AM #50464

Hanuman
    Participant

I read in another thread that a “full dark mode” is planned, which is great.

Just want to add here that even with my wish for a dark default template possibly being granted, I still think it would be a nice feature to be able to copy the default template.
    It would be a very nice starting point to turn into custom templates while when starting a template from scratch, at least for a newbie like me, it seems like it will take quite some effort to make it look not completely clumsy / amateur-ish.

So even with darkmode coming, I still second Eddy’s feature request ☺️

Best,

Hanuman

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.