Dues Report

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Renodick
    Participant

I need to create a report which displays those who still owe their dues and shows a total at the bottom of the report of the dues still owed.

Is this possible?

June 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM #10454

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Renodick,

Sure, this is possible using the Mac version.

However, this question is more suited to the Using Tap Forms forum rather than the Template Exchange forum. So I’ve moved your post for you to the Using Tap Forms forum.

You will want to create a search which filters your records based on the field which you are using to determine whether or not a payment is due or not. Then you’ll want to set the Calculation Type on the Amount Due field to be “Total”. You can do this on the Field Properties tab for your selected Amount Due field.

Then, when viewing the multi-column list view, you’ll see the totals appear at the bottom.

Now, when you use the Print function, click on the “Show Details” button to view the advanced printing options. There you’ll see a “Print Layout” function where you can choose “Table of Records”. Select that and you’ll get a nice table view printout showing all the people who matched your search and the total displayed at the bottom of the Amount Due field.

See the attached PDF file for a sample of what it would look like printed.

Thanks!

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM #21609

Anthony Davies
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I am using Tap forms for an Invoice Type form, I have set Tapforms for the Calculation to be “Total” to add labour and materials etc.
    All works well on the Mac screen, the calculation format is “British Pounds”, however when I choose any of the print options, Print to PDF, View in PDF Viewer, Email PDF, the “Total” amount at the bottom of the page is unreadable. It only shows the top half of the amount.
    The onscreen form is ok, the “Total” is correctly shown, but this is not the case when choosing to print/ email the selected records.
    Would be grateful for your thoughts
    Many Thanks Anthony
    PSA document to assist in my explanation

Attachments:
    March 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM #21621

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmmm… ok, I’ll look into that and fix it.

March 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM #21622

Brendan
    Keymaster

Would you be able to email me your form template for the parent form?

March 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM #21648

Anthony Davies
    Participant

Brendan, Thanks for your response, hopefully the attached form is what you need.
    Regards Anthony

Attachments:
    March 22, 2017 at 7:43 PM #21653

Brendan
    Keymaster

So I’m not seeing the issue you’re seeing. I don’t have your clients form though since it wasn’t in the .tff file. Only child forms are included, not parent forms. But that shouldn’t make a difference.

Attachments:
    March 23, 2017 at 2:24 AM #21655

Anthony Davies
    Participant

Thanks, PSA some of my other forms. I’ve built up what I consider to be a great database for sole trader Heating engineer using TapForms, and the only glitch I’ve got is the “Total” calculation field for Invoicing. Being in the UK my print settings are for A4 paper.
    The on screen form and custom layout view is OK, just loses part of the Total field using the print/email/view pdf options.
    Many thanks Anthony

Attachments:
    March 23, 2017 at 3:37 PM #21666

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Anthony,

Pardon me if I’m being over-simple, but this just looks like a problem with print margins. I’ve had similar problems when trying to print out a whole-page form. Have you tried just shortening you layout by a quarter-inch?

Cheers,
    Mike

March 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM #21670

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I think if it were just a print margins issue, you wouldn’t see the horizontal line underneath the truncated “Total” line.

Anthony, you can also turn off all the borders by selecting the Link to Form field table object on your layout and then un-checking the Stroke setting.

I checked my code and I’m just using standard system font sizes for the totals displayed there. So I’m not sure why it’s showing larger for you than in my PDF file I uploaded to show you.

March 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM #21708

Anthony Davies
    Participant

Thanks Mike and Brendan,
    As a end user, can you confirm if I have control of the size of Font for the Calculation “Total”.
    It is in Bold and looks a larger Font..!
    I started the database a couple of years ago and updated to TF5, I also sync across to iPad & iPhone.
    Following on form your advice, PSA screen shots of the form, default custom and print view.
    I just can’t figure it out why the Total amount is corrupt in the print view.
    I also have a similar “Payments” form which also has the same issue, irrespective where it is positioned in the page layout.
    Regards

Attachments:
    March 25, 2017 at 7:05 PM #21712

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well I’m not entirely sure why it’s behaving this way for you, but I am working on changing how I set the fonts there. Right now you can control the font for the content, but not the header and footer. I’m going to make it so the same font setting applies to all areas of the table.

March 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM #21738

Anthony Davies
    Participant

Brendan, thanks again for your support and your prompt replies. I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
    Cheers Anthony

March 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM #21744

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Anthony,

I’ve already modified the printing code so that now the header, data rows, and footer will all use the font you’ve specified on the custom layout for that Link to Form field object. I apply an automatic bold font trait to the header and footer based upon the font and size you’ve specified. So you now have better control over that. This will be in the 5.1 update I’m working on.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.