dropbox

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

f_torquemada
    Participant

I have just started to use tapform in alternative to bento.
    I have downloaded tap forms in my father mac and in my mac & iPad.
    ICloud accounts are different for me and my father so i can’t understand how make the sync via dropbox because i can’t find an option like iCloud.
    I need maintain automatically updated database from my iPad to my father mac principally in real time and not in the same wifi so i need use 3G cellular line in my iPad.
    Can i do realtime sync via dropbox?
    If yes..how?
    I use last osx in both macs and ios6 with 3.1.3(74) tapform app version.
    Thanks to all

October 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM #6890

bluepythons
    Participant

Interested in this too.

October 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM #6902

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sync works only with iCloud. There’s no sync via Dropbox. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 10, 2013 at 7:04 AM #6908

f_torquemada
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I hope you will add this feature, for people that have in the same family/organization more devices with more apple iD’s.
    Another problem.. I made my forms, but I need lock the forms in my father Mac so he can’t make troubles, he must only add values in a pre-formed form without availability to change format,fields,lists, ecc..
    Is this lock possible? Can you upgrade this feature?

October 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM #6917

HappyTapper
    Participant

Dropbox sync has gotta be more reliable than iCloud!

October 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM #6923

Roo
    Participant

I would also prefer Dropbox sync. Since it started, I have found iCloud unreliable in availability and sometimes have to wait more than a day for Tap Forms syncs to occur.

December 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM #8517

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

Hi. I bought the iPhone version of TapForms a couple of years ago and never really had a use for it, until now. Searching around, every ios database app that I’ve found has the same manual export and manual import process.

I’ll be sharing this database (so Dropbox instead of iCloud) with someone who will be very frustrated by that process and then just stop using the database.

A few quotes from Brendan from across the forums –

– Brendan – Aug. 28th, 2013 – It would take a large effort, but I had hoped to add Dropbox syncing at some point in the future. I’m just waiting for their SDK to improve. They have recently made some changes to it that would help in this area. But it’s also a herculean effort to add Dropbox syncing.

– Brendan – Oct. 10th, 2013 – Sync works only with iCloud. There’s no sync via Dropbox. Sorry.

– Brendan – Dec. 25th, 2013 – I’m hoping to build a Dropbox sync solution as an option in the new year.

I understand that sync is hard. I understand it takes time so also costs money.

If you are going to add Dropbox sync, I will buy the iPad version of TapForms and patiently wait. I would (since I understand that that it’s hard, takes time, and costs money) also be willing to pay up $4.99 (or more) for Sync if it were an in-app-purchase.

February 5, 2014 at 4:01 AM #8951

Huub D
    Participant

Maybe some idea,
    Create a new Apple ID, just for sync between several mac’s iphones etc.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.