Dropbox option missing on iPhone

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mark Guenther
    Participant

So here is the situation. I purchased the Mac version through the trial application which is downloaded from the website directly and not through the App Store. Apparently Apple only wants applications to use iCloud sync if they are sold in the App Store, so the Desktop does not have an iCloud Sync option. This is fine as I can use Dropbox to sync, only problem is that the iPhone version on my wife’s phone does not list Dropbox. Instead of Sync Settings, her’s reads iCloud Sync and does not provide an option for Dropbox.

So I need to either get iCloud on the Desktop or Dropbox on her phone. Anyone have any ideas?

For clarification, I have a version on my iPhone which was purchased through the app from Tap Forms Lite and does include Dropbox through the Sync Settings menu. So when I loaded her phone, I downloaded the TFL and used Restore Purchase option. Not sure if it matters but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Any help would be much appreciated!

May 19, 2015 at 1:36 PM #13761

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Make sure your wife is using the latest 4.0 version on her iPhone. You need iOS 8.2 or higher to run that version. Then Dropbox will appear as an option.

And ya, sorry about the lack of iCloud sync in the direct download version. That is an Apple restriction. It just wouldn’t even work if I had that button there to choose iCloud when distributing the app from my own website instead of the Mac App Store.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.