Dropbox Exporting to Root – No Tapforms Folder

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Dropbox Exporting to Root – No Tapforms Folder

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

steiny100
    Participant

All of my exports are just going straight into the root. There is no Taproot folder created, and it’s wreaking havok on my organization. I’d love to use this for a team of people in my school, but if we can’t have an organized system for the exports it’s not going to work.

Thanks!

August 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM #5277

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ya, I’m sorry, but you’re right. For now, Tap Forms uploads to the root folder in your Dropbox account. Although when you upload a backup file it goes into a special Tap Forms / Backups folder.

Adding the ability to upload to a specific folder is on my to-do list.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM #5284

Oliver
    Participant

With the iCloud Feature do I need anymore Dropbox for your App? I used Dropbox for sync between iPhone and iPad.

Thanks

Oli

PS: Do you know the approx. date of the release

August 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM #5286

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Oliver,

Dropbox is still useful for archiving backups and for transferring files to and from Tap Forms. iCloud sync won’t require Dropbox though.

I wish I knew when it was going to be released. I am still waiting for Apple to review it. It’s been almost two weeks now for Tap Forms Mac and over a week for Tap Forms for iOS.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM #5370

DrJJWMac
    Participant

Just a follow-up to this now that TF on Mac is out (CONGRATULATIONS Brendan!).

Another app that I have using DropBox confines its access solely to a DropBox folder Apps : AppName. I notice that Tap Forms has access to the entire DropBox folder (look on the DropBox website under apps). I would like to see Tap Forms use the same policy … confine its access solely to a DropBox : Apps : Tap Forms folder. This would be a security selling-point.

JJW

September 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM #5371

Brendan
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know why I picked full Dropbox access at the time I setup Dropbox initially. It would be difficult to change it now though since people would be locked out of files they used to have access to at all levels of Dropbox.

But I agree it would be nice to have set it up that way from the beginning.

September 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM #5385

DrJJWMac
    Participant

When possible as a future feature, could you could consider to make this a user-definable option? I would prefer the security of limiting the app to its own DropBox folder, even at the expense of having to disconnect Tap Forms one time from DropBox and then re-link it. Thanks.

JJW

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.