Dropbox backup – am I missing something?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Dropbox backup – am I missing something?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Robyn Miller
    Participant

(Mac 2.2) Under the File> Backup menu option I can choose my Dropbox directory as the location for a backup. I don’t see another way to back up directly to Dropbox.

I also have “Backup on quit” selected in my general preferences, however this seems to back up to an un-editable location.

Is there a way to have it back up to Dropbox on quit that I am missing?

Additionally… since I sync to iCloud across multiple devices, do I really need to even worry about backing up?

April 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM #9858

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Robyn,

Yes, it’s still important to backup from time to time even if you’re using iCloud. Your database file is still stored locally on your Mac (and iOS devices). Only a sequence of change files are stored in iCloud (plus all your photos, file attachments, etc.).

Tap Forms only has access to a special folder inside the application sandbox where it can store its backups when you use the automatic backup on quit function. If you click on the Show Files button you’ll see where Tap Forms stores the backups. There’s no way right now to auto-backup to your Dropbox folder.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.