Drawings doesn't sync

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

some how all my drawings doesn’t sync and show on my other devices iOS and osx.
    Every new drawing I make also don’t show up in the drawings folder in Dropbox.

I must say I haven’t used drawings for a while but the need for them has returned.

A test from iPhone show me that the drawing does show u on the Mac in the columnist as the first field but not in the record itself. see screenprt

Leo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 27, 2015 at 3:23 AM #15529

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

If you quit and re-launch Tap Forms, do the drawings show up after that?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 27, 2015 at 3:26 AM #15530

Leo
    Participant

No, not even after a restart of my Mac.

One drawing showed up after a good night sleep. But tests after that didn’t show.
    Maybe a wait period of a day?

December 27, 2015 at 3:29 AM #15531

Leo
    Participant

Ah,

I spoke too soon. The one I dit this morning just showed up on Mac and iPhone.

I looks like syncing over to iOs needs a Mac this way?

Does a restart do the trick?

I’ll give it a test from iPhone to mac….and iPad

December 27, 2015 at 3:33 AM #15532

Leo
    Participant

Nope,

a restart didn’t do the trick this time. I guess there has to be some time in between?

December 27, 2015 at 9:11 AM #15537

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

syncing drawings seems to be very random and dependent of a restart of iPhone/ipad
    Also deleting a drawing in Osx or iOS separately doesn’t work, with the next sync everything is back. Only a deletion of the drawing on every device works. It looks like if there a some mishaps in the sync files / routine.

For now I know the drawings (signatures) will come eventually.

grtz, Leo

December 28, 2015 at 2:11 AM #15546

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

I’ve figured it out.

The iPad only transfers the drawing to the drawing folder in Dropbox after a clean (all apps closed) restart and a pull to sync. There must be something keeping TF from transferring de drawing to dropbox.

(I’ve checked this with dropbox recent files)

Leo

December 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM #15553

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve just developed a fix for this. Will be going out in TestFlight soon.

January 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM #15592

RW Evans
    Participant

I am seeing similar behavior between two iPads and using dropbox for sync method. Very inconsistent syncing for just the drawings (in my case signatures). For some reason if one iPad pushes a sync you have better luck than the other but this could just be anecdotal. Do you need an invite for TestFlight? or is this fix likely to be pushed out as general release soon?

thanks,

–rwevans

January 7, 2016 at 8:02 PM #15598

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi RW,

I haven’t heard back from any of my beta testers yet to see if this issue has been fixed. Leo? You’re on the TestFlight list.

RW, I can add you to TestFlight if you want to become a beta tester. You’d need to email me your full name and email address. Send it to support@tapforms.com

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.