Draw Field – unable to draw from far right

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Draw Field – unable to draw from far right

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

obisbis
    Participant

For some reason, the Draw field does not let me draw from far right side to left but seems fine from left-to-right. Also, menu at bottom right is unresponsive. Almost like the far entire 1/2 inch right side of the screen is inaccessible.

To repro, add a draw field to your form, then draw a line from far right of screen to the left. Also try to access the menu at the bottom.

Work-a-round: switch to landscape mode and back or another app and back then everything is fine.

Btw, I’m using an iPad mini so not sure if this repros on the iPhone. Also, I tried doing the same on the native iOS notes app and it seemed to function as expected.

Thx.

February 2, 2020 at 2:01 AM #39428

Brendan
    Keymaster

That small area on the right is used to let you scroll the drawing area vertically with one finger. So that’s why you can’t initiate a drawing from there. You can draw from left to right and go into that area though.

February 2, 2020 at 2:19 AM #39432

obisbis
    Participant

Oh ok, I see. I guess I haven’t yet figured out how to draw either horizontally or vertically across multiple pages to be able scroll.

I use an Apple Pencil and looking at the native iOS notes app I believe they let you use your pencil to draw and finger to scroll. But I saw the I could draw across multiple pages there though.

Will spend time playing with it and figure out how it works. Great feature though.

Thanks!

February 2, 2020 at 2:34 AM #39433

obisbis
    Participant

Ok, I see what you mean now by scrolling the drawing area vertically. I see it when in landscape mode. Very useful field. Love it.

Thanks.

February 2, 2020 at 1:38 PM #39435

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, I should probably convert the Drawing field to use Apple’s new PencilKit framework. That field was created a very long time ago.

July 21, 2022 at 7:11 AM #47648

Roger Lambert
    Participant

Please put me down as a +1 for conversion of drawing field to PencilKit framework.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.