Dragged fields end up out in the weeds

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

I’m getting some odd results sometimes when trying to drag-insert additional fields into an existing custom layout. They don’t always land where I drop them. Sometimes they just seem to disappear after I release the mouse button. I figured out that I can locate the stray fields by switching over to the Layers tab while in Layout mode. In the Layers list I’ll see the field that I just dropped, and it might have a Position value of X=4,500 or some other totally wacky number — in other words, way off the visible layout which might be sized for US Letter/portrait. If this is the case, then I can edit the position values and bring the field and its label back into view. I can also delete all the duplicates I created from multiple attempts to insert the field.

It gets worse: In one instance I found some stray fields that landed on a layout belonging to a DIFFERENT FORM, one that didn’t include those fields in the form definition.

I believe that this problem is related to Item (2) of a previous post that I made (#21003). I think that the dragged fields go astray when the screen is showing artifacts of the backgrounds from other layouts, including layouts from other forms. It looks like things are getting messed up when I’m dragging a field across one of those “remnant outlines”. If I clear the remnant outlines by quitting/relaunching TF5, then I can drag-insert fields without issue.

Let me know if I can provide any additional info that might help.

Thanks,
    Mike

February 12, 2017 at 10:31 PM #21108

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike

Thanks for the bug report.

I did notice that I’ve seen layouts hanging around when they shouldn’t. In the next update I believe I’ve corrected that issue so that when you switch layouts, the previous ones are completely removed from memory until you switch back to them. That should fix the problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.